• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IRS Summons

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

romino

Hello everyone. I am in Texas. Two weeks ago, I found a summons notice at my house about my business (which I own some back taxes). They wanted years 07,06,05, & 03. I gather all paperwork I could find, and off I go to the meeting. I passed security at the IRS building, and the guard asked me to call the extension on the summons. I called, and nobody answer. I called the number listed in case nobody answered, and This lady gets on the phone. She says that she will come down. We meet at the lobby, and informs me that the IRS officer is not in yet that I needed to wait. Well, I waited, and she comes down again with a cart, and said that she had called and emailed the officer with no answer. She said that she was sorry, and if I wanted to leave the box with all the paper work with her. I replied that the box contained original documents, and that I would not leave it. She said that it was up to me, and excused herself again for the Officer not being there. I replied that I would wait for her longer. I waited for over 30 min, and called up again. She said that the officer was not there, and that I could leave. What should I do now??

LdiJ

Hello everyone. I am in Texas. Two weeks ago, I found a summons notice at my house about my business (which I own some back taxes). They wanted years 07,06,05, & 03. I gather all paperwork I could find, and off I go to the meeting. I passed security at the IRS building, and the guard asked me to call the extension on the summons. I called, and nobody answer. I called the number listed in case nobody answered, and This lady gets on the phone. She says that she will come down. We meet at the lobby, and informs me that the IRS officer is not in yet that I needed to wait. Well, I waited, and she comes down again with a cart, and said that she had called and emailed the officer with no answer. She said that she was sorry, and if I wanted to leave the box with all the paper work with her. I replied that the box contained original documents, and that I would not leave it. She said that it was up to me, and excused herself again for the Officer not being there. I replied that I would wait for her longer. I waited for over 30 min, and called up again. She said that the officer was not there, and that I could leave. What should I do now??
I would recommend attempting to contact the officer by phone. The officer should contact you to reschedule, but if you are proactive and contact the officer yourself it will show that you are cooperating.

irsos

I assume you have not filed for those years. You should prepare the returns and send those to the RO - not traipse back down with all the documents. There is no need to keep another summons appt but you do need to be diligent about getting the returns done. I recommend professional assistance using a firm experienced in delinquent returns and collection matters.

romino

Thank you for the responses. IRSOS, I see that you are in Houston. Would you recommend anybody?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">