• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IRS wants $7,000 for filing partnership return late

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

worrywart2

The IRS wants over $7,000 in penalties for filing our Form 1065 partnership return late! Our partnership is a musical trio and we don't net that much in a year.
The latest letter from the IRS is confusing because:
The matter has been sent to collections but they also say we qualify for First Time Abatement and possibly Revenue Procedure 84-35.
Please help me figure out what to do!!! I already wrote a letter asking for First Time Penalty Abatement and abatement for reasonable cause.

tranquility

The IRS wants over $7,000 in penalties for filing our Form 1065 partnership return late! Our partnership is a musical trio and we don't net that much in a year.
The latest letter from the IRS is confusing because:
The matter has been sent to collections but they also say we qualify for First Time Abatement and possibly Revenue Procedure 84-35.
Please help me figure out what to do!!! I already wrote a letter asking for First Time Penalty Abatement and abatement for reasonable cause.
I'd do what you should have done in the first place, get a tax professional. You could write a letter asking for an Abatement and you might very well get one. But, if you don't, there will be nothing you can do. Get a tax guy to do it right the first time as it could very well be abated in such a circumstance.

davew128

The letter told you what to do. What happened when you Googled first time abatement and Revenue Procedure 84-35? Tranquility's advice is spot on. In the future, don't file it late.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">