• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IRS wants proof of residence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bewiildered

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

Under IRS notice 2014-7, all in-home medicaid care providers are tax exempt for that medicaid waiver income, as long as they also live with their client.

Recently, I amended returns for the years 2011/2012. The IRS contacted me and I was told that they needed more information. All of which I have access to, except for one. Proof of residence.

I have lived with the client for 7 years. I originally still had all of my mail delivered to my parents house as my current residence had an open mailbox in which items had been stolen from (recently the complex in which I live changed the open mailboxes into private locked boxes). I never had this changed until recently. As a result, I do not have any proof that I've lived here. Drivers license, bank statements, and bills are associated with my parents address The only items that come to my place of residence are things I've ordered from Amazon.

I do not pay rent. Any utilities that I pay for are under someone elses name to whom I pay cash. I'm stumped as to what actions I can take to prove that I live here. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

Under IRS notice 2014-7, all in-home medicaid care providers are tax exempt for that medicaid waiver income, as long as they also live with their client.

Recently, I amended returns for the years 2011/2012. The IRS contacted me and I was told that they needed more information. All of which I have access to, except for one. Proof of residence.

I have lived with the client for 7 years. I originally still had all of my mail delivered to my parents house as my current residence had an open mailbox in which items had been stolen from (recently the complex in which I live changed the open mailboxes into private locked boxes). I never had this changed until recently. As a result, I do not have any proof that I've lived here. Drivers license, bank statements, and bills are associated with my parents address The only items that come to my place of residence are things I've ordered from Amazon.

I do not pay rent. Any utilities that I pay for are under someone elses name to whom I pay cash. I'm stumped as to what actions I can take to prove that I live here. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.
I have no positive advice to offer. You have nothing to provide to the IRS to prove your claim that you live with your client. Had your driver's license, car registration, voter's registration etc., reflected your employer's address then your mailing address being your parent's home would not be so much of a problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">