• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Isn't there somebody they have to answer to?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1mrtym

What is the name of your state? Nebraska.
Here is my story. I was married for 3 years to a very unstable man.
He would not file his taxes. Yes, he owed. Out of desperation, and sleepless
nights, in 2004, I filed my 2002 taxes through H&R Block on my own. (Yes they owed me money) Married, filing separately. Waiting and waiting and finally leaving the marriage, I filed my 2003 & 2004 tax returns in March of 2005 (Yes, they owed me money those years too). The IRS applied my 2002 return to my 2003 return and took my 2003 return as a duplicate. It was totally their mistake. Everything had the years clearly printed on it. Yet, after
months of arguing with them, I get a five hundred dollar bill from them!!!
I owe them nothing. They owe me. However, everytime I talk to them, it will
be another 30 days. This is the USA, why don't they have to answer to anyone? I just want what is mine. I am a single parent and really need the money. Any help is appreciated. I've been nice on the phone, been rude,
tried everything. I even went to H&R Block, they were useless. Thanks for your time.

abezon

Contact the taxpayer advocate's office & get someone there to help you. They are the IRS's customer service/complaint/interference dept.

1mrtym

Thank you so much for your replies. My divorce is sure to get ugly....
thus, my only card is that I know he was not honest in his tax returns,
ie.....all his living expenses**************..house, utilities, vehicles, groceries,.....they all had nothing to do with the business****************************.this is my only protection from this guy**************......can it be used against him? I have been gone for almost a year.....not sure he has even filed 2002 return yet, but know how it was all figured, from previous returns and returns that he had prepared, but had not yet submitted****************************..thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">