• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lender did not pay taxes - Intent to FIFA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

latarpley

What is the name of your state? Georgia

My mortgage company did not pay my county taxes from my escrow account. I have been sent a letter of intent to FIFA. I have my Vonage phone records where I called them on 10/07 and faxed the bill to their fax number. I also have a fax confirmation from my fax machine. Is the mortgage company responsible for the penalty and interest. What are the implications of having a delinquency on my account? This could affect my security clearance and my job. Do I need an attorney? I just received the notice Saturday. I need proper guidance on this issue. Their offices were closed over the weekend. I will be contacting them tomorrow AM.

latarpley

You are correct as always..

Yes..my property taxes are my responsibility. I made the mistake of having my property taxes collected with each payment and put in escrow. It was my error in faxing the bill and calling the lender so they could pay the bill out of the escrow account in a timely manner. The lender bears no responsibility in the failure to pay my taxes. What was I thinking asking such questions.

seniorjudge

latarpley said:
Yes..my property taxes are my responsibility. I made the mistake of having my property taxes collected with each payment and put in escrow. It was my error in faxing the bill and calling the lender so they could pay the bill out of the escrow account in a timely manner. The lender bears no responsibility in the failure to pay my taxes. What was I thinking asking such questions.
Lenders can be quite irritating.

All of the stuff above you did was correct.

There was one step you missed: checking with the taxing authority.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">