• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

levies

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

808hawaiian

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Hawaii
I just got a levy order from the IRS for garnishment of wages. Child support soon to be enacted through payroll. The IRS generally allows for an amount to be to be exempt from the levy based on exemptions. Child support may not take more than 70%. When the two deductions are combined, however, can my entire paycheck be garnished? By the way, the tax owed was due to my ex overstating her expenses with no proof and I have been sending her money voluntarily. I am not an avoider.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Hawaii
I just got a levy order from the IRS for garnishment of wages. Child support soon to be enacted through payroll. The IRS generally allows for an amount to be to be exempt from the levy based on exemptions. Child support may not take more than 70%. When the two deductions are combined, however, can my entire paycheck be garnished? By the way, the tax owed was due to my ex overstating her expenses with no proof and I have been sending her money voluntarily. I am not an avoider.
Get in touch with the IRS ASAP. If you set up a monthly payment plan with them right away there is a very good chance that they will agree to release the levy against your wages. Ask them to fax your employer a release of the levy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">