• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LLC setup fees deductible?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aleksandor52

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

In October, 2008 I set up an LLC through Legalzoom.com, with myself as sole employee, executive, proprietor, well... sole everything. The business was dormant, meaning no income, for the rest of the year. Question is are the fees I paid to Legalzoom deductible for my 2008 taxes? Thanks!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

In October, 2008 I set up an LLC through Legalzoom.com, with myself as sole employee, executive, proprietor, well... sole everything. The business was dormant, meaning no income, for the rest of the year. Question is are the fees I paid to Legalzoom deductible for my 2008 taxes? Thanks!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
In my opinion those costs would be considered to be start up costs and would need to be amortized over 5 years.

davew128

and amortizable as of the date the business is operational and not just in existence as a piece of paper.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">