• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Married filing separate or Head of household?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

imailin

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Hi, tomorrow is my final divorce hearing. I have been separate from my husband since for the last 6 months of 2008 and I support my child (not his) and myself. My husband dissapear and he is not where to be found. I dont really know how he is planning to file his taxes. I know I can qualify as head of household. One of the requirements is meet : I lived bymyself and support my child and self for the last 6 months of 08 to present. Now, the question is: if audited how can I proof IRS that this is true? I move out of "our" home on septemnber when I was able to get together same money to rent an appartment. and what could happend if my future ex-husband files married filing separate or single and I file head of household? Please help!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">