• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Maryland State tax law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

m2h

i am seeking advice as to how i should resolve (or what actions i should take) regarding a state of maryland tax claim. in 1996, the state of maryland started withholding my tax returns, claiming that i owed taxes from 1987 (plus interest). after nearly a year trying to obtain a copy of my w2 from my employer at that time (hechingers -- now a defunct company), and another four months trying to obtain a 1987 state tax form, i am ready to submit to maryland this return -- of which maryland owes me money. what should i do at this point? request all the back taxes, plus interest withheld? request a hearing? send a letter?
please help!

L

loku

I suggest you file the return and as you said, ask for a refund of all taxes and interest paid for the period. They will either refund the amount or they will tell you why they did not. They should also give you infromation at that time as to how you can appeal their decision.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">