• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mistake on 1040 Should I file state with corrected or incorrect 1040

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rjakkani

What is the name of your state? WI

I filed my 1040 for 2007 and realized that I made a mistake.I have not included one of the 1099-INT from one of my savings account. I have not filed by state tax yet. Now should I go ahead and file my state tax with the corrected 1040 and send 1040X for federal

or

file my state tax with the incorrect 1040 and file the 1040X for the federal and file for WI state ammendment.

which is the best/safest option?

Thanks
Ragha

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? WI

I filed my 1040 for 2007 and realized that I made a mistake.I have not included one of the 1099-INT from one of my savings account. I have not filed by state tax yet. Now should I go ahead and file my state tax with the corrected 1040 and send 1040X for federal

or

file my state tax with the incorrect 1040 and file the 1040X for the federal and file for WI state ammendment.

which is the best/safest option?

Thanks
Ragha
Well, I would file the state return correctly and amend the federal return, assuming that you have enough interest income to actually make a difference.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">