• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

moving to condo

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mickey143

What is the name of your state?virginia
I inhereited an condo that i have been renting for two years. i now want to move into it as my main residence. what do i need as proof this is my main residence. my main residence, a house, i now want to rent out.
thank you in advance.
mickey

HomeGuru

mickey143 said:
What is the name of your state?virginia
I inhereited an condo that i have been renting for two years. i now want to move into it as my main residence. what do i need as proof this is my main residence. my main residence, a house, i now want to rent out.
thank you in advance.
mickey

**A: why are you posting again? Are you not going to file a change of address with the post office, the real property tax office, the state tax office, the IRS, and the mortgage lender, if any? What other proof do you need?

Snipes5

Your principal residence is the place you have been living for the majority of your time.

You don't have to prove this to anyone. If the IRS thinks you are not telling the truth about principal residence when you sell a property (the only time they really care), they will ask for proof you lived there.

Snipes

mickey143

HomeGuru said:
**A: why are you posting again? Are you not going to file a change of address with the post office, the real property tax office, the state tax office, the IRS, and the mortgage lender, if any? What other proof do you need?
i have been using a PO box for years now, i get some mail at the house and some at the condo. i pay the bills on both places just wanting to know how i prove i swaped living places now

HomeGuru

mickey143 said:
i have been using a PO box for years now, i get some mail at the house and some at the condo. i pay the bills on both places just wanting to know how i prove i swaped living places now

**A: prove to who or what office/agency?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">