• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need to know what to do.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Menace

What is the name of your state? California

I am in the middle of a divorce and we own a home but I think she has claimed all the interest on the home for 2006. I am living in the home and she was paying half the mortgage until September 2006. Should I claim my half and risk an audit, let the government deal with this problem. What would happen if I do claim my half and they do audit us. Do I stand a chance of coming out ok on this matter?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? California

I am in the middle of a divorce and we own a home but I think she has claimed all the interest on the home for 2006. I am living in the home and she was paying half the mortgage until September 2006. Should I claim my half and risk an audit, let the government deal with this problem. What would happen if I do claim my half and they do audit us. Do I stand a chance of coming out ok on this matter?
Duplicate post, already answered in another forum.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">