• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Never received a property tax bill - statute of limitations?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rvrv

What is the name of your state? CA: I owned (and lived in - primary residence) a residential condo in San Francisco, CA from April through Dec of 2004. It was a new building and therefore the lot/parcel etc was not, and still has not been, what they call "segregated" into distinct units, one for each condo. I never received any property tax bills (which are paid by individual owners and not the homeowners' association). I have called the SF assessors office and tax collectors office several times this year, because I know that I will owe some pro-rated property tax eventually, and I also know that they do not have my current address. They can't even enter my current address in their computer because until it's segregated they have no bucket to put it in. Is there a statue of limitations on this? Or can they take as long as they want and I will still owe the tax? I notice that there is a 1 yr statute of limitations for a business to seek a refund due to error (http://www.sfgov.org/site/treasurer_page.asp?id=14979) so I thought maybe there would be one protecting me as well?!?
Thank you for your help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">