• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New York tax judgment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eagle2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL
I presently live in Florida but resided in New York years ago. I recently found that there is a NY State tax judgment on one of my credit reports placed in 2003. They claim I did not file my 1991 state tax and that notices were sent to me in 94 & 95. I received no notification as I was not living in the country at that time. Do I have any legal grounds to dispute this? Can the judgment placed in New York be brought against property owned in Florida?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL
I presently live in Florida but resided in New York years ago. I recently found that there is a NY State tax judgment on one of my credit reports placed in 2003. They claim I did not file my 1991 state tax and that notices were sent to me in 94 & 95. I received no notification as I was not living in the country at that time. Do I have any legal grounds to dispute this? Can the judgment placed in New York be brought against property owned in Florida?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Were you living in NY in 1991? Or were you overseas at that time? If you lived in NY, for even part of that year, you likely needed to file a return.

eagle2

I did live in New York for years including 1991 and as far as i remember filed my taxes each year.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">