• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Bank Account? Paid In Cash? Tax Liabilities?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dandate

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california

Back in March 2010 I was banned from banking and put on the chexsystems.

Since then I've found steady employment working under the table for a shady overseas tax free corporation in singapore. They pay me with cash in hand, no western union transfers etc;

What are my tax liabilities? Am I even required to pay taxes since I have no bank account? How would I even pay them?

I know normally people in this situation just don't pay taxes but I am making a lot of money because it is commission and I am a hustler god so I am concerned. It would be seen that my quality of living is high.

Last edited:

justalayman

What are my tax liabilities?
the same as everybody else's.

Am I even required to pay taxes since I have no bank account?
having a bank account has nothing to do with having to pay taxes

How would I even pay them?
money order, cashiers check

I know normally people in this situation just don't pay taxes but I am making a lot of money because it is commission and I am a hustler god so I am concerned. It would be seen that my quality of living is high.
so, ever see the inside of a prison? that's what tax evasion can get you. It's up to you whether you want to take the risk or not.

dandate

So how should I go about this/ I dont keep any records or count the cash coming in; nor have access to any files documents or anything

What do I tell the accountant :confused:

pattytx

What you just told us. And he will tell you that you'd better start keeping detailed records. And I will advise you to continue looking for a job with a company that follows the law.

dandate

i think my problem now is, im living in south east asia working for this company lol; are there any e-accountants that can help me/

FlyingRon

Unless you're a US citizen, you have no obligation to file then. If you are a US citizen that foreign income is probably excludable. If none of these apply to you, you're wasting our time lying about you being in California. We only deal with US issues.

By the way, not every bank in the US believes in Chexsystems and most foreign banks don't. To find info on the US banks, Chex has it's own section of creditboards.com dedicated to it.

Anytime you take money as an independent contractor it behooves you to keep track of it. You can't count on a 1099 (and their not required to be timely with your tax obligations either).

justalayman

i think my problem now is, im living in south east asia working for this company lol; are there any e-accountants that can help me/

just send all of your money to the IRS. They will calculate what you owe and send you the remaining balance. No need to send any info, including your name or address. They keep track of everybody that owes money so they will know who it came from.

davew128

Unless you're a US citizen, you have no obligation to file then. If you are a US citizen that foreign income is probably excludable. If none of these apply to you, you're wasting our time lying about you being in California. We only deal with US issues.
Unless he is a country with a reciprocal agreement for social security tax, it's not excludable for SE tax purposes. Either way it needs to be reported.

Anytime you take money as an independent contractor it behooves you to keep track of it. You can't count on a 1099 (and their not required to be timely with your tax obligations either).
A foreign entity with no US presence won't be reporting anything except whatever is required under the tax laws of Singapore.

Antigone*

I suspect dandate and bobby biceps are the same troll
I agree with you Steve.

Wait I've changed my mind. This buy might be related to bobby. you've got to read the posting history. This guy thinks it is against his religion to pay a traffic ticket.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">