• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Notice of deficiency

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dave123

California.
The IRS says I owe them money, most of which I have already paid. They insist that I never paid them 1/3 of what I did, I have the returned checks to prove otherwise. I've sent them a letter explaining that I had already paid them, but it's like they can't read or something. Now they're telling me how I'm being charged interest and late fees for something that I already paid for. I have since sent a letter to them with copies of the checks that I paid them with.

I'm not too sure they'll understand this time either, what should I do?

L

loku

The Taxpayer Advocate Service is a service of the IRS. The Taxpayer Advocate Service can help you if you have tried unsuccessfully to resolve a problem with the IRS. Your local Taxpayer Advocate can offer you special help if you have a significant hardship as a result of a tax problem. For more information, call toll free 1–877–777–4778 (1–800–829–4059 for TTY/TDD) or write to the Taxpayer Advocate at the IRS office that last contacted you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">