• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NY State Tax Warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mathurin77

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY State

I received in the mail a NY state tax warrant for taxes owed from a business I owned in 1993. I was accepted into the tax amnesty program they offered back in 95 or 96. After I received my acceptance letter into that program I did not receive any other information. (truthfully at the time I was not in a good mental state and needed some counseling to get back on track) The interest on the warrant is huge, the amount owed being close to 5000 and with interest is 28000. Should I go to a tax lawer or firm and see if they can get the ammount reduced or should I acknowledge the debt and try to set up a payment plan? I make less than 40000 a year now so how much would they accept per month as payment? I want to avoid the seizing of any funds as the small amount of money in my account is for living expenses. Please help as I am pulling my hair out. Thank you.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">