• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NYC income tax

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PeteN

What is the name of your state? New York

Hi: I live and work in New York City, and pay an extra NYC tax on my job income. I have just bought a vacation home in the Hamptons. If I change my address to the vacation home, do I no longer have to pay NYC tax on the income from my job?

Thanks!

moburkes

What is the name of your state? New York

Hi: I live and work in New York City, and pay an extra NYC tax on my job income. I have just bought a vacation home in the Hamptons. If I change my address to the vacation home, do I no longer have to pay NYC tax on the income from my job?

Thanks!
You don't live there, though****************************

abezon

Nice try, bud. As long as you work in the city, you pay city taxes. BTW, voluntary telecommuting counts as working in the city.

PeteN

Appreciate the responses, however merely working in NYC does not make you subject to the local income tax. People who live outside NYC but work in NYC do not pay NYC tax on their income (although the Mayor is trying to change this).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">