• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Oklahoma Estate Tax

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scv

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

My mother left a trust for myself, my sister and my son. My aunt is the trustee, but she told me last night that I will have to pay tax on the $110,000 that I will inherit.

When my husband received money and a farm from his parents' trust, he also received a certificate from the state, stating that he didn't have to pay any taxes.

I've read some of the law, and, as as I understand it, my amount is low enought that I shouldn't have to pay state or federal taxes if the money comes through a trust. Am I correct?

Thanks!!
SCV

abezon

You do not pay taxes on estate principal. You do pay taxes on estate income, such as dividends & interest. You also pay taxes on any money that the decedent would have paid taxes on, such as pension/IRA income.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">