• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paid less than actual written salary offer faxed at time of joining

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

iceknight_99

Texas

I was paid less than actual written salary offer faxed at time of joining.

I was not mailed my W-2 on time and received it yesterday (been travelling and stuff for the company).

I noticed that I was paid a lot less than the written (faxed) salary offer I had received from the company.

I dont know how the payroll deductions made these changes or errors?

Questions:

- What can I do to rectify this in time?
- Can I legally enforce the company payroll department to pay me the adjustments?
- In the meantime since tax day is tomorrow should I just pay as per the W-2 I just received and go with it?
- What can i do to rectify things with the IRS later?

Thanks in advance.

Snipes5

And you didn't notice any sooner that your salary was less than the written offer because...?

Do your taxes with your W-2. Whether or not you can do something to the company for not following through on their offer is not a tax question. In any event, any more money they give you now will not be 2004 income anyway, since 2004 is over.

Snipes

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">