• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Part year resident return question?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

malmit

What is the name of your state? Virginia

This is probably a simple question. I moved from Maryland to Virginia last year and am doing my tax returns for 2006 and would like to know if I need to do both a VA and MD tax return both part year returns or do I just do the part year VA tax return and not do the MD tax return?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? Virginia

This is probably a simple question. I moved from Maryland to Virginia last year and am doing my tax returns for 2006 and would like to know if I need to do both a VA and MD tax return both part year returns or do I just do the part year VA tax return and not do the MD tax return?
If you worked in both states, you will need to do a part year return for both states.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">