• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Payment timing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tbgwio

I just received a letter from an attorney wanting to represent me as he noticed in public records that the city is filing a lawsuit against me for owned income taxes. I have yet to receive anything from the city on the lawsuit.

Is it too late to make a payment at this time, or will the city accept it?

FlyingRon

I'm sure with interest and penalties the city would be glad for you to pay it prior to having to drag you into court.

LdiJ

I just received a letter from an attorney wanting to represent me as he noticed in public records that the city is filing a lawsuit against me for owned income taxes. I have yet to receive anything from the city on the lawsuit.

Is it too late to make a payment at this time, or will the city accept it?
If you have confirmed that you do indeed owe the money, then by all means pay it now.

tbgwio

Thanks. My city tax was being withheld for the wrong city. I need to recover my payment to the other city and was waiting for that process before paying the city it truly was due for.

I guess the wait is officially over. I'm sending the payment in the mail today.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">