• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Payroll clerk changing w-4 witholdings

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bigdog2

What is the name of your state? Texas

Can the payroll clerk change your w-4 witholdings just because she feel like it?
The tax acountant advised married, 5 and the payroll clerk changed the with holding to married 0(zero).
No requests from the IRS.
What statues back up the tampering with this information.What is the name of your state?

Betty

Bigdog2 said:

Can the payroll clerk change your w-4 witholdings just because she feel like it?
The tax acountant advised married, 5 and the payroll clerk changed the with holding to married 0(zero).
What statues back up the tampering with this information.What is the name of your state?
Did the payroll clerk maybe do this so enough tax is withheld - this could work to your benefit.

anteater

Bigdog2 said:

I would complete another W-4, take it to the clerk, and very nicely say that there must have been some mistake inputting the first one you completed.

If he/she gives you any flack, then you tell him/her that it is none of his/her business and, if it is not input the way you prepared it, you will rip his/her lungs out.

Snipes5

I would be really angry if someone did that to me. How dare the clerk assume she knows better than you how you want your withholding.

Same goes for you "Betty". That's a dangerous thing to presume, that it will somehow be "beneficial" for a stupid clerk to countermand a tax advisor.

Snipes

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">