• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pension from overseas for green card holder

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

saeid

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
i have moved to US from Apr-2012 as a green card holder and i am retired in my country(Iran) and received my pension there. if i receive that money(pension) here i will pay tax in Iran. let me know:

1-i must file it?
2-is it taxable?
3-if there is a limit up to how much is tax exclusion?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
i have moved to US from Apr-2012 as a green card holder and i am retired in my country(Iran) and received my pension there. if i receive that money(pension) here i will pay tax in Iran. let me know:

1-i must file it?
2-is it taxable?
3-if there is a limit up to how much is tax exclusion?
Yes, pensions from overseas must be included on your US income tax return. However, any taxes that you pay on that money in Iran will be able to be credited against your US tax. I would recommend that you see a US tax professional with some numbers in hand to help you get an idea of how much tax you might owe.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">