• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personal or business return

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

johnsmithbay

I started to sell things online through Ebay.com since 6/1/2009.
first few months I made around $100 each month. But for last two months due to holiday shopping, my profit when up to almost $500-$600 in Nov and Dec.
How should I fill tax return for 2009?

I am thinking just add the profit ($1000 - $3000) to my personal income for 2009 personal return, which is easier then apply for a business tax id and then fill business return.

Thanks for any advice.

JohnWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Antigone*

I started to sell things online through Ebay.com since 6/1/2009.
first few months I made around $100 each month. But for last two months due to holiday shopping, my profit when up to almost $500-$600 in Nov and Dec.
How should I fill tax return for 2009?

I am thinking just add the profit ($1000 - $3000) to my personal income for 2009 personal return, which is easier then apply for a business tax id and then fill business return.

Thanks for any advice.

JohnWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
You would report the income using a schedule C.

Here are the instructions. The form is easy to find as well.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040sc.pdf

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">