• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help! Bought a tax lien land without noticed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

qlctemp

What is the name of your state? Florida
Please help, I bought a land in FL, the seller gave me the description on the papers that the title will be transferred to a Free and Clear quit claim deed. After a month, I received the tax lien mailed to me. I contacted him and he said that I should find a lawyer to file a Quieting title, then I will be okay. He also said that I will loose the case if I file a lawsuit because I should do my own dilegent before buy the land. Do we have the law in Florida to protect buyers as I am that I based on what he promissed "a Free and Clear title"? Also, he transferred the title to me without my knowledge or any signature of mine to agree what he typed on the Deed.
I looked it up "Abstact 65.081" from statue of FL and I have no idea what it explained. Please tell me what I should do? The previousowner was not him on the Deed, the lien was some one else. Thank you very much.
Blue

Last edited:

abezon

If there was title insurance, file a claim. If the claim was properly recorded before you closed & the title insurance company missed it, they are liable. If the claim was not recorded before closing, you may be able to sue him for encumbering title or not warning you, since there was no way for you to find out about any encumberances.

And don't ask the guy you're gonna sue about your legal rights!! Can you say conflict of interest?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">