• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help! Nowhere to turn, don't know what to do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mack212

Mn resident but problem is with Wi Department of revenue.

I'm self employed, work in sales from my home. It has been very slow with this economy and I have been struggling. I owed about $1000 in back taxes to the WI department of revenue but I have been struggling to make money just to survive. Today I found out that they took everything I had from my bank account. I have no money now for gas, food or my phone or rent. Not only can I not do my job today but I cant even eat today, my shelves are bare bones and my gas tank on empty, and rent is due in a couple days. I have no one to borrow money from, and I have no Idea what to do...please advise me if there is anything I can do.

Banned_Princess

Mn resident but problem is with Wi Department of revenue.

I'm self employed, work in sales from my home. It has been very slow with this economy and I have been struggling. I owed about $1000 in back taxes to the WI department of revenue but I have been struggling to make money just to survive. Today I found out that they took everything I had from my bank account. I have no money now for gas, food or my phone or rent. Not only can I not do my job today but I cant even eat today, my shelves are bare bones and my gas tank on empty, and rent is due in a couple days. I have no one to borrow money from, and I have no Idea what to do...please advise me if there is anything I can do.
Ah the department of revenue. Always considering people need to eat.

Did the money they "took" cover the money you owe them?

if not, you better get on paying them, why didn't you think they would take your money from the bank? I'm sure they mentioned they were going to.

Your going to need an additional job.

Dandy Don

Is there some reason why you can't look for a full-time job that pays more than what you are making at home?

Please consider contacting local churches for assistance with food and perhaps temporary small financial donations, and local social service agencies for other help. And I hope you have learned your lesson that you can't get away with not paying taxes--you need to set aside a certain amount in reserve for taxes as the jobs come in and be determined not to spend that money for anything else!

Is there a family member who could perhaps loan you temporarily the money you need to pay off the balance of your obligation to the state tax authorities?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">