• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Proof of Deductions Taken?? Receipts/Records?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Shannon81

What is the name of your state? NEW YORK

I am trying to get the most of taking off deductions and expenses for my Federal Income Taxes. I was considered "self-employed", even though I shouldnt have been, so I need to get the most from the deductions allowed. I was claimed on someone elses taxes, so I lose out on a lot. :mad:

I would like to take off for use of my car, use of my personal computer and other personal property. But if I put these on as deductions, how can I prove it? I have no reciepts in my name, or proof that I used this stuff for business related activities? What if the reciepts for computers, etc... were in someone elses name (ie: they paid with their credit card, gave the items to me, and I repaid them with cash?) Also, what if I already had some supplies prior to 2004 and used them for business in 2004? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">