• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

property tax value

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smokehouseman

What is the name of your state? Michigan I just recieved my new property tax assesment and I recently had a appraisal done on my home to see the value. My assed value was $41,600 more than what my appraisal said my house is worth. I went to my township hall and I was told I could appeal but that an appraisal is not acurate on what your house is worth. Am I wrong or isn't that what an appraisal is for, to tell you the value of your home. And if so am I wrong in thinking that they should lower my house value to what my appraisal said that my house is worth.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? Michigan I just recieved my new property tax assesment and I recently had a appraisal done on my home to see the value. My assed value was $41,600 more than what my appraisal said my house is worth. I went to my township hall and I was told I could appeal but that an appraisal is not acurate on what your house is worth. Am I wrong or isn't that what an appraisal is for, to tell you the value of your home. And if so am I wrong in thinking that they should lower my house value to what my appraisal said that my house is worth.
That is a very state, and probably county, specific question. You won't get a good answer here, you need to consult a local tax professional.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">