• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

questions about dependent credit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RLR

What is the name of your state? CT

For tax purposes, I will like to take advantage of the depented child credit next year. This year I have a situation with my babysitter and I can claim the deduction. But for next year I will like to claim it. The question is if I have a private babysitter how do we go by claiming this in her taxes so I can claim the credit in my taxes? I'm going to pay her cash. What do we have to do about the income she is going to received this year? Does she has to paid taxes on that money?

Thank you

RLR

Snipes5

RLR said:
What is the name of your state? CT

For tax purposes, I will like to take advantage of the depented child credit next year. This year I have a situation with my babysitter and I can claim the deduction. But for next year I will like to claim it. The question is if I have a private babysitter how do we go by claiming this in her taxes so I can claim the credit in my taxes? I'm going to pay her cash. What do we have to do about the income she is going to received this year? Does she has to paid taxes on that money?

Thank you

RLR
I take it you mean the Child and Dependent Care Credit. How "we" go by claiming this in her taxes is we pay her and we keep a record on what we paid. We also get her Social Security Number, so we can put that in the form.

Yes, she has to paid taxes on the money, it's income.

Snipes

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">