• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Received W2 but never paid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jswirl

What is the name of your state? MA

Hi,

I was in between tech jobs for about a month and during that time I trained for a few days at a restaurant. I ended up leaving when I came through with a temp job. I never went back to get my paycheck and they never sent it to me but I didn't think the check would be for more than 20 or 30 dollars so I didn't bother forcing the issue. Last week I recieved a W2 from this employer where they claimed $94.50 in wages,tips,etc. The taxes withheld only add up to $4.35 Federal and $5.86 State but since I never even recieved a paycheck for this, do I have to claim it on my taxes? Is there a process to go through when you get a W2 without pay?

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Jake

Snipes5

jswirl said:
What is the name of your state? MA

Hi,

I was in between tech jobs for about a month and during that time I trained for a few days at a restaurant. I ended up leaving when I came through with a temp job. I never went back to get my paycheck and they never sent it to me but I didn't think the check would be for more than 20 or 30 dollars so I didn't bother forcing the issue. Last week I recieved a W2 from this employer where they claimed $94.50 in wages,tips,etc. The taxes withheld only add up to $4.35 Federal and $5.86 State but since I never even recieved a paycheck for this, do I have to claim it on my taxes? Is there a process to go through when you get a W2 without pay?

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Jake
Yes, you have to put it on your taxes. Contact the restaurant and find out where your check went. They should issue you a new one.

Snipes

BROWNEYEDGIRL08

w2 received but never paid

I also have this issue, except now the restaurant manger keeps avoiding me . and will not contact me back. After a week of trying to get this resolved .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">