• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reporting multiple 1099's under my one company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jonice

I sell high volume on eBay, Amazon and my own website.

So they send 1099 each year. My Amazon 1099 is under my name and my own SSN. my eBay 1099 is under my mon name and her SSN. ( I can't change account or new account, its established account with high feedback rate)

so I have registered a company and got a tax ID. can I bring these 2 1099 forms with 2 different SSN numbers under my company?

FlyingRon

You can't change the payee after the fact. The 1099 issued to you is YOUR tax liability. The 1099 issued to your mother is HERS. If you had some other sort of entity (corporation, LLC), you can get an number for that and change things going forward.

As for what to do about this year (well last year), it matters what sort of business you were conducting.
Are you really in business with your mother or were you just BREAKING ebay's rules and using her identity?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">