• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

revaulation nightmare

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jamal123

What is the name of your state? NH My town had a revaluation done. My real estate taxes have jumped from $3,000 to $4,700. I am a widow with a minor child. The increase is too much to bear as I am already living from paycheck to paycheck and borrowing from peter to pay paul. My home, which i have lived in for 25 years, is in poor condition, there are only three rooms that are livable, the others don't even have electricity since we had a fire. They came and redid the valuation and dropped the house value by a couple of thousand. What other recourse do I have to fight this? If I don't lower the taxes, my home will probably be taken over for taxes. Please help!

Snipes5

Contact AARP or someone in your community who assists people in your position.

Many communities have programs to reduce taxes for the elderly (although you don't give your age, if you've lived in your home for 25 years, I assume you are at least 50) so AARP may be of some help to you.

Snipes

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">