+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheGeekess

Thread: Running an ebay business under someone elses ebay account

ftf101 is offline Junior Member

Running an ebay business under someone elses ebay account

I sell many items on ebay, close to 20 a months. All of this business is conducted under my friends ebay account. I have full permission to use his account, i even have it in writing. Although it is in his name i do all the work. The funds are then transferred into a bank account under my name. Your probably asking yourself why i use my friends ebay account and the answer is that my ebay account got suspended for a dumb reason but thats besides the point.

My question is i want to be able to file taxes for all the items i have sold but am not sure how to do so. I dont want my friend to have to pay any taxes, i want to take care of it all. What suggestions would you have?

Dont get the wrong idea im not running any type of scam/phony business, i am 100% legit, just my name is black listed from ebay.
    tranquility is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ftf101 View Post
    I sell many items on ebay, close to 20 a months. All of this business is conducted under my friends ebay account. I have full permission to use his account, i even have it in writing. Although it is in his name i do all the work. The funds are then transferred into a bank account under my name. Your probably asking yourself why i use my friends ebay account and the answer is that my ebay account got suspended for a dumb reason but thats besides the point.

My question is i want to be able to file taxes for all the items i have sold but am not sure how to do so. I dont want my friend to have to pay any taxes, i want to take care of it all. What suggestions would you have?

Dont get the wrong idea im not running any type of scam/phony business, i am 100% legit, just my name is black listed from ebay.
    The first thing I'd tell my friend is that he's committing a felony. Google "money service business". Once he is registered, then come back to us.
    so if registered as a money service business there would be ways to file taxes legally?
    TheGeekess is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ftf101 View Post

Alrighty then.
    i run a legit business buying and selling electronics. i even have my own store.
    davew128 is offline Senior Member
    No YOU have jack squat. Your FRIEND has an ebay store.
    what i meant was i have a legit REAL store. a physical location, thats a registered business with an ein number...and my friend does not have a store, he has a basic ebay account...
    tranquility is offline Senior Member
    I agree with davew128, friend has an**************many, issues.
    so no1 has any real recommendations i can do?
    Open up your OWN ebay store under your store's name.
    TheGeekess is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Open up your OWN ebay store under your store's name.
    He can't, he's been banned from eBay. When they catch him again, his buddy will be banned.
    Blue Meanie likes this.
    Actually it would be easy to open another store using a different email address.