• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Running an ebay business under someone elses ebay account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ftf101

I sell many items on ebay, close to 20 a months. All of this business is conducted under my friends ebay account. I have full permission to use his account, i even have it in writing. Although it is in his name i do all the work. The funds are then transferred into a bank account under my name. Your probably asking yourself why i use my friends ebay account and the answer is that my ebay account got suspended for a dumb reason but thats besides the point.

My question is i want to be able to file taxes for all the items i have sold but am not sure how to do so. I dont want my friend to have to pay any taxes, i want to take care of it all. What suggestions would you have?

Dont get the wrong idea im not running any type of scam/phony business, i am 100% legit, just my name is black listed from ebay.

tranquility

I sell many items on ebay, close to 20 a months. All of this business is conducted under my friends ebay account. I have full permission to use his account, i even have it in writing. Although it is in his name i do all the work. The funds are then transferred into a bank account under my name. Your probably asking yourself why i use my friends ebay account and the answer is that my ebay account got suspended for a dumb reason but thats besides the point.

My question is i want to be able to file taxes for all the items i have sold but am not sure how to do so. I dont want my friend to have to pay any taxes, i want to take care of it all. What suggestions would you have?

Dont get the wrong idea im not running any type of scam/phony business, i am 100% legit, just my name is black listed from ebay.
The first thing I'd tell my friend is that he's committing a felony. Google "money service business". Once he is registered, then come back to us.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken

Alrighty then. :cool:

ftf101

what i meant was i have a legit REAL store. a physical location, thats a registered business with an ein number...and my friend does not have a store, he has a basic ebay account...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">