• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Salary cut off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PWhite1958

What is the name of your state? MA
Can someone tell me what the annual salary cut off is for getting all your taxes back. My son only made $8800 for the year and got all his taxes back, but at what point does that end?

moburkes

Can someone tell me what the annual salary cut off is for getting all your taxes back. My son only made $8800 for the year and got all his taxes back, but at what point does that end?
Since we don't know what his deductions are, and the answer is dependant upon many other factors besides salary, we cannot answer that question. But, you can start at irs.gov.

LdiJ

Actually it depends on the individual return. The number of exemptions, and various credits and deductions that may be available effect whether or not someone gets all of their withholding back.

A family making 45,000 a year with 4 kids might easily get all of their withholding back, and then some.

PWhite1958

My apologies for leaving out some pertinent information... he is single with no deductions and nothing to claim... I will check out irs.gov as suggested. Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">