• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sales tax evasion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alloyd0527

I bought a boat in 2009 and paid $12000. When i had it registered I only told them that i paid $150 so i only had to pay taxes on that ammount. Our County Clerk's office has been under investigation now and during that investigation i think my transaction may have raised a red flag. i got a letter in the mail with an affidavit wanting me to confirm the amount. the person i bought the boat from also got a letter! They have already submitted it and they told me they put that i paid $7000 for the boat.

How much trouble could i be in? How should i proceed?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I bought a boat in 2009 and paid $12000. When i had it registered I only told them that i paid $150 so i only had to pay taxes on that ammount. Our County Clerk's office has been under investigation now and during that investigation i think my transaction may have raised a red flag. i got a letter in the mail with an affidavit wanting me to confirm the amount. the person i bought the boat from also got a letter! They have already submitted it and they told me they put that i paid $7000 for the boat.

How much trouble could i be in? How should i proceed?
US Law Only!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">