• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Schedule C Advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ellisito

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ
I am an IT Consultant (single member LLC) and I'm trying to do my taxes for my first year in business via Turbo Tax since I can't afford an accountant yet. 2/3 of the money I collected came from purchasing computer parts on behalf of my client for which I would get reimbursed for. I am not sure if a. i should include that in my Schedule C since it's not part my consulting income. and b. if I should include it where do I put it..COGS or Supplies? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

FlyingRon

If the client paid money to you, you have to declare it in the gross on schedule C on line 1. You enter the cost of the items on line 36 and bring that forward to line 4 where it gets subtracted from the gross. You pay the tax on your "profit."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">