• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

self-employed, how much to withhold ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I'm a new computer repair business. I offer services only and do not resell anything.

I'm also a social security beneficiary. Me my wife and son receive $18,876/year from Social Security disability and SSI benefits. I estimate that my total profit (excluding business expenses) of the "tax year" will be no more than $5,604 from my business. I estimate my yearly business expenses to be no more than $500, including property tax. So I guess I'm looking at 5,604 - 500 = 5,104 for my approximate real income

How do I determine how much to withhold from this income for federal and state ? Which forms do I need for making "estimated" tax payments.

Please do not post links to government websites. I've been to them all and I cannot follow what they're saying. I would very much appreciate someone who know something about this to post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">