• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I wait to file my income taxes?? help!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

imailin

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Last year I received a letter from the IRS saying that my husband (now ex) did not claimed the correct money from his 1099 form.... when we replied they confirmed that the money was actually due and we need it to pay. This is the deal: I am divorce now because my husband disappear on me ... and since I did not want to have any problems even if I am not the responsible of the IRS problem I send the IRS a arrangement of payment form (I can not find my ex-husband and I want this issue clear) I send it about a month ago and I have not received any response yet. I called the IRS and they say they have not process an answer por approval yet and I need to make the next payment. Ok.. now, If I do my income taxes (now as a single person ... ) will the IRS hold my refund or take the owed money from my refund? should I Wait to file till I get a response from the IRS? any advised? I need my income tax check refund since now I am a single mom. help please! The person that help me in the IRS customer service could not tell me (better say, did not want to)

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Last year I received a letter from the IRS saying that my husband (now ex) did not claimed the correct money from his 1099 form.... when we replied they confirmed that the money was actually due and we need it to pay. This is the deal: I am divorce now because my husband disappear on me ... and since I did not want to have any problems even if I am not the responsible of the IRS problem I send the IRS a arrangement of payment form (I can not find my ex-husband and I want this issue clear) I send it about a month ago and I have not received any response yet. I called the IRS and they say they have not process an answer por approval yet and I need to make the next payment. Ok.. now, If I do my income taxes (now as a single person ... ) will the IRS hold my refund or take the owed money from my refund? should I Wait to file till I get a response from the IRS? any advised? I need my income tax check refund since now I am a single mom. help please! The person that help me in the IRS customer service could not tell me (better say, did not want to)
Yes, the IRS will take your refund to cover the past joint tax debt...if their records reflect the debt when you file your return. Its possible that their records might not reflect the debt when you file your return.

You really need to take everything and get a consult with a local tax professional.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">