• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Situation, Collect Sales Tax or Not?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WhyNotFab

What is the name of your state? Florida

I own a retail business for certain truck parts, and always collect the FL state sales tax for any orders placed from customers in FL.

My question is, when travelling to a truck/car show event (but still in FL) would I be required to collect FL state sales tax if I set up a vendor's booth at the event? I know the location of the sales would be in FL, but the customers could 99% be from out of state.. and I heard from another guy in the same business that in this situation we aren't required to collect. Just looking for the facts, so I appreciate any help. Thanks

seniorjudge

WhyNotFab said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

I own a retail business for certain truck parts, and always collect the FL state sales tax for any orders placed from customers in FL.

My question is, when travelling to a truck/car show event (but still in FL) would I be required to collect FL state sales tax if I set up a vendor's booth at the event? I know the location of the sales would be in FL, but the customers could 99% be from out of state.. and I heard from another guy in the same business that in this situation we aren't required to collect. Just looking for the facts, so I appreciate any help. Thanks
I'm not a tax lawyer and this is a guess: Florida sales tax should be collected on sales in Florida.

WhyNotFab

The other guy I mentioned, said something about it being kind of like the peddlers who travel around selling or flea market type thing.. so I'm looking to figure this out because it would save me a lot of time/confusion if I'm able to get a booth setup at shows in the future.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">