• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

small business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MILLION

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I recently started a business can I use the standard deduction rather than itemize ?? My itemized deductions for 3 months are very low as the standard deduction is 10,700 my expenses were no wher near that

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I recently started a business can I use the standard deduction rather than itemize ?? My itemized deductions for 3 months are very low as the standard deduction is 10,700 my expenses were no wher near that
Your business is separate from your personal deductions.

You file your business and your business expenses on Schedule C (which has nothing to do with itemizing) and you can take your standard deduction or itemize on schedule A for personal expenses.

If you are at all confused you should use a tax professional for this year, so that you understand how it all works.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">