• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small business deductions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MILLION

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I started a business in Janruary 2007 and want to know can I claim my cell phone as a deduction and also can I claim tools I purchased for the business

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I started a business in Janruary 2007 and want to know can I claim my cell phone as a deduction and also can I claim tools I purchased for the business
If you use your cell phone for business, then yes you can claim the percentage that you use for business.

As far as the tools are concerned, those may need to be depreciated or 179 expensed, depending on the cost of the tools and their usefull life.

wayward1

Where to list a cell phone

If you can a cell phone for business purposes, where is on the form do you list it??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">