• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SOL on state tax debt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fastdiag

What is the name of your state (Louisiana)?

Does anybody know what the SOL is on tax debts with the state of Louisiana? I've searched for a couple of hours and cannot find info about tax debt outside of what the IRS goes by.

I guess my google skillz are lacking.

JETX

Are they just now charging you for taxes, or are they pursuing a long-time tax obligation??

fastdiag

Are they just now charging you for taxes, or are they pursuing a long-time tax obligation??
They sent me a amnesty program letter for years 96,97,98 on a Scorp/business I filed BK on in 99.

I have no idea what the tax is for, all tax returns where filed and any past due obligations were paid. I even have a letter from the LA saying all past due taxes where paid.

I called the 800 number and they said the name of that business, account number on the letter, and my name doesn't show up in the system. :confused:

LdiJ

They sent me a amnesty program letter for years 96,97,98 on a Scorp/business I filed BK on in 99.

I have no idea what the tax is for, all tax returns where filed and any past due obligations were paid. I even have a letter from the LA saying all past due taxes where paid.

I called the 800 number and they said the name of that business, account number on the letter, and my name doesn't show up in the system. :confused:
Did you call the 800 number on the letter or did you contact the tax division for the state of Louisiana? Contacting them would be the first step I would take...particularly since you have a letter stating that all past due taxes were paid.

fastdiag

Did you call the 800 number on the letter or did you contact the tax division for the state of Louisiana? Contacting them would be the first step I would take...particularly since you have a letter stating that all past due taxes were paid.
*800 number on the letter says I'm not in the system

*Called # to the state 4 times. The prompts kept me in a circle navigation 3 times. The one time I got "speak to a representative", I was on hold for 10min. Then (I kid you not) I heard what sounded like soft laughter or giggle, and the line disconnected.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">