• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Something cute happened today

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NA for this post.

The last week and a half has been really tough for me. Of course I have to handle my own clients, but I also have to approve a lot of the tax returns that come from our franchisee offices and have to field a lot of tax questions from our franchisee offices as well.

On top of that, I am the only person, other than our owner, who is allowed to simply "fix" a problem on a tax return, rather than making the franchisee fix it and resubmit it, so I am often on the phone walking a franchisee through a return to help them fix what is wrong, while simultaneously fixing it on our end as well.

Anyway...today I was with a new client and was interrupted enough times by collegues in the office and phone calls that I was really embarrised about it.

I was apologizing to my client and she simply smiled at me and said...."Hey, don't worry about it at all. Now I am confident that I got someone who knows what they are doing, otherwise nobody would be bothering you at all".

It really made my day...LOL.

ecmst12

My new husband and I have an appointment on Tuesday to go to a real live tax pro who we are going to pay to do our taxes, for the first time ever. My grandfather was an accountant who did my taxes until a few years before he died, when I discovered that efiling myself online was faster and easy enough for me to manage. This year....our taxes are very complex, and we need advice on how to change our withholdings going forward so we don't have too much or too little withheld. So basically, I hope this person gets interrupted a lot too :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">