• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sponsorship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

caitlinbellah

Hello my name is Caitlin Bellah and I am from California. I am a young photographer that has just been excepted into a prestigious photography course for two weeks in Paris. I was told to search for sponsorship for my tuition ($4,400) and was hoping to find 22 businesses to help out with $200 each. I was told that this is tax deductible but before writing these businesses I wanted to make sure if was actually tax deductible. Can anyone tell me if it really is and how it works? Thank you so much!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

LdiJ

Hello my name is Caitlin Bellah and I am from California. I am a young photographer that has just been excepted into a prestigious photography course for two weeks in Paris. I was told to search for sponsorship for my tuition ($4,400) and was hoping to find 22 businesses to help out with $200 each. I was told that this is tax deductible but before writing these businesses I wanted to make sure if was actually tax deductible. Can anyone tell me if it really is and how it works? Thank you so much!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Its only deductible if the money is paid directly to a registered non profit organization.

davew128

I wouldn't even go that far. The money is going either to the student or to an overseas academic institution. In neither instance, is there a charitable donation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">