• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sr22 tax question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jhainz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

i live in wisconsin and i have a friend who is wondering about her husbands taxes...quite a few months ago he got in an accident and was charged with an owi. he filed for sr22 high risk insurance. a few weeks ago the charges were dropped because of neglegence on behalf of the police officers. do they have to file sr22 taxes for 2009?

kens04

I have never heard of an sr-22 being needed for tax time? Im an sr22 driver for the last 4 years and was never told anything like that, then again im in va. Interested to hear what others have to say...

racer72

An SR-22 filing has absolutely nothing to do with taxes, federal or state. It is strictly an instrument to notify a state agency that a driver with restrictions on his driving priveliges is legally insured.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">