• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

State Income Taxes Two States Withheld

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sbeeman

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois. We are residents of Illinois, and my husband works in Missouri. ALWAYS they have withheld MO tax. Starting this year, my husbands company is withholding BOTH Missouri and Illinois income tax. The company says that Illinois will no longer accept the credit that was used to straighten it out between the two states. Does anyone know anything about this? And can they actually withhold tax for two states simultaneously? I found this link that I posted below from the Illinois general assembly, but it just doesn't seem right that we should have income tax withheld from two states on the same income. Can someone please explain all this to me?

Illinois General Assembly - Full Text of Public Act 096-0468What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">