• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

State Tax in Wisconsin !

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Packerfan

What is the name of your state? WI

Can anyone please tell me whats the income tax percentage in WI ??
cuz i have two jobs and both employers withhold different percentage for state tax from my check !

and if possible, i wanna also know whats the fedral, social security and medicare taxes in WI ?

Thanks a lot

FlyingRon

For single taxpayers (for others the rates are the same, but the incomes that they
kick in at are different, for example the 6.15% rate starts at $12.210 for marrierd
tax payers).

$0 to $9,160 4.60%
$9,160 to $18,320 $421.36 + 6.15% of that over $9,160
$18,320 to $137,410 $984.70 + 6.50% of that over $18,320
$137,410 to $8725.55 + 6.75% of that over $137,410
cuz i have two jobs and both employers withhold different percentage for state tax from my check !
Probably because you're straddling the $9160 or 18320 boundaries.
and if possible, i wanna also know whats the fedral, social security and medicare taxes in WI ?
Federal runs from 10-35%, SS and Medicare are 7.65% (combined) up to $97,500 at which point the SS drops out leaving the 1.45% Medicare tax only.

http://www.irs.gov/formspubs/article/0,,id=164272,00.html

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? WI

Thanks a lot
Go to:

www.irs.gov and do a keyword search for "withholding tables" to find the federal rates.

Go to:

http://www.revenue.wi.gov/ and do the same to find out the rates for WI

Social Security and medicare combined are .07685 percent of your gross income.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">