• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stimulus Payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

philipk65

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MN.

Do I have to report the stimulus check amount this year's return or any other year?

Also, do you have to fill out a special form (ESP/RRC) this year even though it's non-taxable? Thanks!

efflandt

You DO have to report the stimulus on your tax return. If you are entitled to more than you received you will get credit for the additional amount when you file your taxes. However, if you already received what you were entitled to or more, it does not affect your taxes at all (you do not have to give it back).

I cannot help you with ESP/RRC.

philipk65

what instructions? I received the full amount and nowhere does it tell you what to do if you got the full amount!

LdiJ

what instructions? I received the full amount and nowhere does it tell you what to do if you got the full amount!
The instructions for the Recovery Rebate Worksheet, which has to be done for every return this year.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">